Investment Analyst | Toronto
Job Position: Investment Analyst
Location of Work: Toronto, Ontario
Employer: ArcTern Ventures
Employer Address: 101 College Street, Suite 155, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7
ArcTern Ventures is a global, early stage venture capital firm investing in breakthrough clean technologies. We aim to generate outsized financial returns and positive environmental impact, and invest across six core cleantech subsectors: renewable energy, energy use and storage, circular economy, advanced manufacturing and materials, mobility and ag-tech.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our investment team to help us identify, evaluate, invest in and build globally competitive clean technology companies.
ArcTern recently launched its second cleantech fund. The $200M fund is backed by leading Canadian and European institutions and is one of the world’s leading early-stage cleantech venture capital firms.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Investment Analyst will support the investment team on the following tasks:
- Deal sourcing:
- Generate and track deal flow from a wide variety of sources (e.g. incubators, conferences, universities, VC partners)
- Screen and prioritize deal flow by participating in calls/meetings with companies and conducting initial analysis (market, competition, etc.)
- Conduct due diligence on investment opportunities:
- Collect and analyze data from primary and secondary sources (ex: interviews, market research providers, company documentation)
- Synthesize and draw insights from qualitative and quantitative research, and incorporate into financial/valuation analysis
- Support fund operations:
- Portfolio company, KPI tracking, investment valuation, and quarterly reporting
- Marketing and investor relations
Key Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in business, finance, economics, engineering or other related field
- MBA preferred
- 2-3 years of experience (including past internships) in relevant field is required: specifically, must have experience in at least two of the following areas: investment banking, private equity, venture capital, start-up incubation, management consulting, start-up
- Cleantech, sustainability and/or impact investing work experience is a strong asset
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience using data visualization software (ex: Tableau)
- Deep interest in and passion for finding solutions to climate change and other sustainability issues
Salary and Benefits:
Full-time, permanent position. Salary range will be from $100,000 to $140,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: medical, dental and disability insurance.
Eligible for four (4) weeks paid vacation.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are pleased to accept applications from underrepresented groups and encourage applications from Indigenous persons, youth, new immigrants, and persons with disabilities.